8.08.2007

flush this

If I hear the phrase, "we need to flush this out" one more time, I am going to march the head belonging to the mouth that uttered the phrase to the bathroom, and FLUSH it down the toilet. Every time I hear it, I want to jump up and scream, "FLESH, people, FLESH".

I hate catch phrases at work. Don't try to impress me with your superfluous buzz words. That nonsense won't work on me. ESPECIALLY if you use it incorrectly!

I can withstand "out of the box," only because I can look at the speaker and laugh (silently, of course) as if they were standing there in pegged jeans, an Esprit sweatshirt and a side ponytail. I'm not saying I never wore that (it was one of my favorite outfits), but it certainly isn't in my closet today. Nor will you ever hear me utter "out of the box" (unless I actually mean I am taking something out of the box... for real).

Also, do not ask me if I have any "free cycles" - it makes me think of tampons.

post note: apparently this topic is much funnier if you actually work in an office. especially if said office has TPS reports.

1 comment:

Tahoe said...

Woah nelly, someone is in a tizzy today! :-)

"out of the box" - I don't think I have ever used this in a sentence really nor would I have a reason to. Perhaps the only time would be if I was joking with someone (like RonR) who needs to think outside the box once in a while - oh yeah, I say "outside" as opposed to "out."

"flesh/flush this out" - have to say, I have never in my life heard "flesh" and have always heard "flush." With that said, I can't say I use the phrase at all myself either.

What's a catch phrase? To join you in your rant, I hate when people use acronyms instead of words to talk about something especially with people in the room who would obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

"free cycles" - what is that? I've never heard of that and I too would think PMS . . . whoops, well, that acronym is allowed. :-)