Since I am almost at the end of my pregnancy, let me share a few things that I will miss about being pregnant, and a few things that I miss about NOT being pregnant... we'll go in reverse order...
Things I miss about not being pregnant, and am excited for upon said deadline...
- BEER: seriously, I have been thinking about beer for months. No, O'Douls is not the same. Yes, I have tried.
- seeing my feet (for 2 reasons): 1. to actually be able to see down to my feet - honestly, it is very strange tripping over things cause I can't see them. 2. that my ankles will be revealed beneath the current sausage casings surrounding them.
- beer (I already said that, huh?)
- not having to answer the questions: September 7th, boy, no name (yes, we have a name, but honestly, it is just easier to not have the conversation with people... plus, we aren't telling people, so why should the lady at the grocery store know the name if we aren't telling our family?)... yeah, I'll probably have to answer questions about the baby, but at least that will be a little variety (until I get tired of that after a month). ;)
- having people comment on my weight/size all the time... or the worst: "really? you're NOT having twins? are you SURE?"
- beer... nuff said
Things I will miss about being pregnant...
- having a legitimate excuse to nap at 2pm
- unlimited ice cream (which I suppose I could continue, but it will be a bit difficult without the next item)...
- elastic pants - seriously, these things are comfy! I am so showing up at Thanksgiving with maternity pants this year.
- the excitement and anticipation
- having the lil dude all to myself... yes, I want him to come out, and to meet him face to face, but then I'll have to share him with the rest of the world
Until then... I'll keep twiddling my thumbs, answering phone calls and emails with the requisite: "Nope, no baby yet".