- Remember to feed the kid twice a day.
- If our child drools a lot, we will keep his/her water outside, and wipe his/her mouth before entering the house after drinking water.
- Always keep the child on a leash when outside the house, else he/she might run away.
- If our child starts chewing on things we don't want him/her to chew on (shoes, furniture, every single basket full of magazines/yarn/etc. around the house that my husband has been complaining about for the past 5 years - seriously, there has GOT to be a conspiracy there somewhere), we should give him/her a toy to chew on instead of the forbidden item.
- Take him/her outside every few hours so he/she doesn't pee on the floor.
- Be firm about sleeping in the crate - don't let the baby sleep just anywhere in the house.
What we have learned from our puppy that we can bring forward into parenthood: