I got this email today, and thought instead of forwarding it, I would just post it here...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper - I used to work at the wrapping kiosk in the mall at Christmas, so I like to do fancy bows and such - kind of dorky, I know - but it makes me smile. Sadly, it makes my friends nervous to give me wrapped presents - they always start with an apology about how they aren't good wrappers.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real (and it smells SOOOO good) - but i reuse my grocery bags, so let's call it even on the tree killing.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Sometime in December... not too early, not too late.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Has to be down before my birthday (you all know how i feel about that).
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't think i can narrow it down...
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Nope, but lots of snowmen, reindeer and santas.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Depends on the year
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Does "myself" count? ;)
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received?
Any gift labeled a "combo" bday/xmas gift
11. Mail or email Christmas cards (or neither)?
Mail - I LOVE stationary!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life - or - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - or - A Christmas Story - or - Elf - or .... um, apparently i really like Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Not before December, and not until I have made a list. In red pen.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not yet... but I have a collection at home in case we have an exchange at work - good thing I switched departments, else peeps might get the same presents they gave me last year.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Clear or colored lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I'll Be Home For Christmas
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course... but I have to sing the song in my head... you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen... Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen... but do you recaaaaall... the most famous reindeer of all... Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer... (I'll spare you the rest)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Nothing yet, but we have been looking for years, just haven't found the perfect topper. We have a star ornament hanging near the top of the tree, but it isn't quite doing the job.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One present Christmas Eve (usually pajamas) - the rest Christmas morning.
Since question 18 was missing, I added my own:
18. Where will you wake up on Christmas morning?
Marco Island, Florida - with Scout, my parents, brother, sister and brother in law - and my parent's fake Christmas palm tree (from SkyMall)!