7.20.2009

ROCK-a-bye baby

The little dude seems to really like music... when I am blaring the music in my car, he is bouncing around. I would say he is bouncing around to the beat, but it appears he has inherited both of his parent's sense of rhythm (which amounts to approximately 0.5 %), as his breakdancing is in no way coordinated with the beat of the music.

I told Scout how much his son likes music, and he inquired, "What KIND of music are you playing for him in your car? Eminem? I thought you were supposed to play classical music to babies in the womb." I laughed and replied, "Not JUST Eminem - I have been mixing it up for him... Eminem, 50 cent, Kanye, Black Eyed Peas, Beastie Boys. I am giving him the whole range of rap & hip-hop... he likes them all." But seriously... what am I supposed to listen to in my car? Classical music? I'd fall asleep and crash on the side of the road! I am that person that pulls up next to you at the stop light, and if my windows are open, you will turn your head and think, "Someone needs to tell that pasty white girl that she is too old and too yuppie to be listening to that music." But I can't help it - I love it! And so does my son. :) Good thing he can't understand the lyrics yet... I don't have the bleeped out versions!

2 comments:

Dad said...

I like the sound of the next to last sentence, Nikki !

lechowiczfam said...

Catching up on your blog...the boys loved when we played U2. Joe rain a marathon when I was about 6 months pregnant and we were jamming to U2 on the drive to the race -- they were going nuts. You're on my people I need to call list...how you feeling?